15 Health Benefits Of Green Tea
15 Health Benefits of Green Tea
Published on March 22, 2006
1. Studies suggest green tea may lower the risk of breast cancer and prevent it from spreading in women who already have it.
2. Studies show that green tea may prevent prostate cancer.
3. One major component of green tea, EGCG, has been shown to reduce cell death in the heart and brain after a heart attack or stroke.
4. Researchers found that it may stop the activity of certain chemicals in the brain that are associated with Alzheimer’s disease.
5. In several studies, it has been shown to protect against stomach inflammation that may lead to stomach cancer.
6. Researchers have found that green tea may be beneficial in preventing and treating skin cancer when taken internally or applied topically in a cream.
7. Studies show that it may reduce the risk of lung cancer and prevent the growth of existing tumors.
8. A few studies suggest that drinking green tea may increase calorie burning and aid in weight loss.
9. It has shown a remarkable ability to inhibit metastasis of cancer cells by preventing angiogenesis.
10. One study showed that green tea prevented aflatoxin-induced liver cancer. (Aflatoxin is a carcinogenic toxin often found in peanut butter and grain products.)
11. One study showed that green tea may improve the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis.
12. Researchers found that men who drank green tea were less likely to develop esophageal cancer
13. Researchers found that men and women who drank green tea were significantly less likely to develop pancreatic cancer.
14. Green tea has been shown to reduce inflammation in ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease.
15. It may prevent the development and slow the progression of Type I diabetes by controlling glucose levels in the body.